In your pursuit to lose weight, you must have come across a gazillion weight loss recipes online. While there are multiple recipes and ways to lose weight, there is no magical ingredient that will make you shed the extra kilos in no time. Having said that, there are many ingredients in your kitchen that can be beneficial for you if you include them in your weight loss diet. One such ingredient to add to your diet is quinoa for weight loss. If you have been craving something delicious every morning, you should try this quinoa recipe for weight loss.
Quinoa is considered a staple in weight loss diets since times immemorial. This tiny but mighty seed is touted as a superfood that can help you lose weight. Plus, it is super versatile so you can experiment with it as much as you like. In fact, there is one healthy recipe that we are sharing with you today that might be able to amp up your weight loss journey. Try this healthy recipe for breakfast.
Quinoa sprouts cutlets for weight loss
Nutritionist Leema Mahajan recently took to her Instagram account to share one of the healthiest recipes for weight loss – a quinoa cutlet recipe for breakfast.
Quinoa breakfast recipe for weight loss
Serving: 10 cutlets
- 50 grams of quinoa
- 100 grams of sprouts
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of grated boiled potato
- Half a cup of grated carrot
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies
- Amchur powder
- Garam masala
- Besan or gram flour
Method to prepare quinoa sprouts cutlets
1. Begin by soaking quinoa for about half an hour.
2. Prepare a coarse paste with ginger, garlic, and soaked sprouts.
3. Grind the soaked quinoa and transfer it to a bowl.
4. Add sprouts grated potato, carrot, chopped green chilli, salt, garam masala, and amchur powder to the quinoa.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of besan or gram flour to the mixture and mix well.
6. Now, take small and equal portions of the mixture and shape them into balls.
7. Flatten them a little to prepare tikkis.
8. Brush the tikkis with oil on one side. Place under the medium-hot grill and cook till golden.
9. Cook both sides properly and serve hot with some chutney on the side.
Quinoa benefits for weight loss
Loaded with the goodness of fiber, eating quinoa will keep you feel full for longer and aid digestion while stabilising your blood sugar levels. Plus, it has a low glycemic index which helps control blood sugar levels and reduce cravings. As per the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, quinoa is a good source of protein as well, which helps control appetite, increase satiety, and support muscle mass, all of which help boost metabolism. Plus, it is low in calories, making it a great option for those trying to lose weight. Not only does quinoa help you lose weight, but it is also a great source of other vitamins and minerals that support overall health. In short, it is a powerhouse of nutrients that you must add to your weight loss diet.
The aforementioned quinoa recipe also includes sprouts, another low-calorie, high fiber, and nutrient-rich food that can help you lose weight. Promoting satiety and reducing your overall calorie intake, this seed helps with digestion and boosts metabolism. They are also a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals that support overall health during weight loss.
Since this is a recipe loaded with some essential nutrients that can help you lose weight, you must add it to your diet. However, do not forget to check with your nutritionist before trying it out.