Are you getting tired of the same old gym routine? Well, put down those dumbbells and step away from the weight rack because we’ve got some exciting news! You don’t just need a gym or fancy equipment for sculpted arms. Strong arms are often seen as a symbol of strength and fitness. While many people assume that you need a gym membership and weights to achieve defined arms, there are many no-equipment exercises that can help you get there. Let’s explore five no-equipment exercises that can help you achieve sculpted arms.
No-equipment exercises for sculpted arms
1. Diamond Push-ups
Diamond push-ups are a variation of the classic push-up, but they target the triceps muscles more specifically. They are an excellent exercise to add to your routine if you want to sculpt your arms.
How to do diamond push-ups:
1. Start in a plank position with your hands close together, forming a diamond shape with your index fingers and thumbs.
2. Lower your body towards the ground, keeping your elbows close to your body.
3. Push your body back up to the original starting position.
4. Repeat for 10-12 reps.
2. Jab Punches
Jab punches are an excellent way to work your arms and improve your cardiovascular fitness. They are a great exercise to add to your routine if you want to tone your arms and improve your overall fitness.
How to do jab punches:
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
2. Make a fist with your dominant hand and hold it at shoulder level
3. Punch straight out with your dominant hand, then return it to shoulder level
4. Repeat with your non-dominant hand
5. Alternate between punches for 1-2 minutes
3. Plank Shoulder Taps
Plank shoulder taps are a great exercise for your shoulders, triceps, and core. They are an effective way to build arm strength and improve your stability.
How to do plank shoulder taps:
1. Get down in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart
2. Keeping your hips level, touch your left shoulder with your right hand
3. Return your right hand to the starting position, then touch your right shoulder with your left hand
4. Repeat for 10-12 reps. As an advanced variation, instead of starting in a plank position you can do an inchworm exercise and then do shoulder taps
4. Superwoman Push-ups with Arm Extension
Superwoman or superman push-ups with arm extension are a challenging exercise that work your chest, shoulders, and triceps. They are a great way to build strength in your arms and improve your overall fitness.
How to do superwoman push-ups with arm extension:
1. You need to get into a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart
2. Lower your body towards the ground, then push up
3. As you push up, lift your arms and legs off the ground
4. Extend your arms in front of you, then lower them back down
5. Downward dog to toe tap
This exercise is a level up of the normal downward dog exercise which makes it more apt for toning your arms.
How to do downward dog toe tap:
1. Start in a plank position with your wrists directly under your shoulders and your body in a straight line
2. From the plank position, lift your hips up and back into a downward dog position
3. While in the downward dog position, engage your arm muscles and press your hands into the ground
4. Bring your right foot forward and tap your toes on the ground
5. Return your foot to the starting position and repeat the same movement with your left foot
6. Continue alternating between tapping your right and left toes for a set amount of repetitions or time