Everyone loves snacking! When we get strange hunger pangs, we reach for a packet of chips or some calorie-laden snacks. There’s no doubt that these snacks satisfy our hunger quickly, but they also have a negative impact on our health. As a result, experts constantly recommend keeping healthy nuts and dried fruits on hand to satisfy our cravings in the healthiest way possible. Given this, we’ve gathered a list of the best trail mix options for you. What’s more? They are great to serve to your guests in the festive season too!
What is a trail mix?
Trail mix is a nutritious combination of nuts, fruits, seeds, oats and other ingredients that make a perfect quick snack. Although the ingredients vary, the majority of types contain granola, almonds, seeds, and dried fruit. Some include popcorn, cereal, candy, or chocolate chips, as well as spices and flavours such as sea salt, garlic powder, thyme, cinnamon, and paprika.
What are the benefits of trail mix?
A readymade trail mix pack has many potential advantages due to its portability and nutritious content.
* Trail mix is great for its portability and convenience, making it an excellent choice for eating on the go. It’s an ideal option for travelling, hiking, or taking a road trip because it’s high in energy, easy to carry, and quick to consume.
* Trail mix is commonly made up of high-protein items such as nuts and seeds.
* Trail mix has a high concentration of heart-healthy lipids such as polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. Furthermore, many nuts and seeds include omega-3 fatty acids, which may help reduce inflammation and protect against a variety of chronic health issues.
Best 5 trail mix brands in India
Stop worrying about how to satisfy cravings with healthy options. We’ve got you covered with a variety of the best 5 trail mix brands and offerings in India.
1. Paper Boat Healthy Trail Mix with Dry Fruits
This trail mix pack contains almonds, cashews, pistachios, and chickpeas, making it an ideal combination to have at any time. You can also serve this at a party for your guests to munch on. It is perfectly salted, roasted, and full of crunch and flavour.
2. Nutty Gritties Mixed Nuts Dry Fruits Mom’s Superfood Trail Mix
This trail mix contains almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, flax seeds, dried black raisins, dried black currants, dried cranberries, and dried blueberries. Due to the inclusion of these beneficial nutrients, the trail mix is high in dietary fiber, which promotes a healthy metabolism.
3. Nature Prime Healthy Trail Mix
This trail mix has a wide range of nuts, seeds and dried fruits that provide a variety of nutrients such as protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Further, heart-healthy nuts and seeds found in trail mix are almonds, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds. They are high in unsaturated fats, which can help lower bad cholesterol and support heart health.
4. Organic Box 100% Natural and Premium Healthy Trail Mix
This trail mix contains a mixture of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits that provide a wide range of nutrients including protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Individuals can customise trail mixes to suit their dietary requirements and taste preferences with countless modification options available. To make a customised blend, you can add or subtract certain components such as chocolate chips, dried coconut, or pretzels.
5. Berries And Nuts Super Trail Mix
If you enjoy the tart flavour of berries, this product is for you. It contains the most delicious blend of berries, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits you’ve ever tasted. It is a great way to satisfy your desires and comes in a small, portable package, making it a great snack for travel, or enjoying the outdoors.
How to choose the best trail mix brands?
Trail mix is terrific for endurance activities, but the ingredients can vary a lot, and there are a lot of terrible combinations out there. To make it a healthy snack, it is crucial to find the proper combination.
* Check the ingredients list carefully because nuts or seeds should be at the top. Look for nutrient-dense ingredients like unsalted nuts, seeds, dried fruit, coconut flakes, and dark chocolate.
* High-salt foods should be avoided. You don’t need to refill your salt levels unless you’re indulging in high-impact exercise, as per the experts.
* Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds are also excellent components if not candy-coated.
* Avoid added sugars. Look for packs where the major components are nuts or seeds and sugar is not one of the first three ingredients stated.